The Coastal Boys are playing a strong collective game and decide the game in the end of the first half. Our duo of strikers Ambrose and Gueye put us in a better position.

For the six point game at Beerschot, Blessin had to make adjustments to his already battered squad. This time, D'Arpino and Capon joined the Oostende sickbay. The young Wylin and Rocha started. Youngsters like Boufath and Conijnckx got a place on the bench, just like the recovered McGeehan...

The home team started eagerly with half a chance for Vaca and deep balls towards Hubert. The home side had the most ball possession in the first fifteen minutes but the first real chance came for Ambrose who kicked at a home defender after a combination with Gueye. The hard-working Gueye weighed on the home defence as his next attempt was turned into a corner via a home defender. After losing the ball to Eastern, Suzuki had a great chance but Hubert saved with a superb reflex. The home side's biggest contribution came in the form of corner kicks and free kicks. After a free kick by Holzhauser, Dom slammed the ball onto the roof of the goal. In the final phase of the first half KVO suddenly found the opening. First Ambrose scored after Vanhamel had failed to clear a Gueye header (0-1). The double lead followed immediately when Gueye, in his own inimitable way, scrambled the home defence and coolly finished off the ball (0-2).. In the absolute end of the first half, Rocha saw a free kick saved by Vanhamel and the goal wood.

The home team made three substitutions and immediately showed their offensive intentions with a shot by Halaimia that went wide. Dom tried his luck with a deflection in the direction of the empty box. The visitors threatened with Amade's shot, which fell to Vanhamel. Beerschot had a great chance to get back on level terms, but Holzhauser slammed the free kick into the Oostende wall. Hubert saved the home team from a goal when he intervened brilliantly on two headers from Shankland. Fortes was shown a second yellow card unnecessarily and was allowed to take an early shower. The home team had to continue with 10 men after Radic was shown the red card by the VAR. Ambrose tried his luck with a wonderful half kick, but Vanhamel's save was just as sublime. In the exrta time Bätzner had a chance to make it 0-3, but the ball fell to a defender. Afterwards the referee blew the whistle and the 3 points went to Oostende.

Goals: 41′ 0-1 (Ambrose), 42′ 0-2 (Gueye)
Yellow cards: 63′ Fortes, 65′ Amade, 74′ Fortes, 78′ Bätzner, 88′ Rocha
Red cards: 74′ (Fortes 2x yellow), 79′ Radic
Referee: Mr. Dierick
Team compositions:
Beerschot:: Vanhamel, Halaimia (Krekovic), Radic, Bourdin (46′ Lemos), Van den Bergh, Dom, Pietermaat, Caicedo (46′ Shankland), Vaca (86′ Sebaoui), Suzuki (46′ Noubissi), Holzhauser
Invaders: Biebauw, Lemos, Sebaoui, Okereye, Krekovic, Moubissi, Shankland
KV Ostend: Hubert, Medley, Jäkel, Fortes, Wylin, Ndicka, Amade, Bätzner, (96′ Patoulidis) Rocha, Ambrose (96′ D'Haese), Gueye (86′ Atanga)
Invaders: Schelfhout, D'Haese, Patoulidis, Coninckx, Boufath, McGeehan, Atanga