A heavily battered coastal team loses 5-3 to a very efficient Harelbeke after a spectacular duel

Vanderhaeghe could not count on quite a few players for the practice game against Harelbeke. Besides the already revalidated players, our T1 could not rely on Hubert, Bätzner and Koziello (all covid). Gueye injured himself at the training, a scan will reveal the seriousness of the injury. Biron (hamstring), Sakamoto (Achilles tendon), Medley (adductors) and Govaers (hamstring) remained on the sidelines as a precaution.

A subtle heel by Lamin gave the home team the lead in the opening phase (1-0). The Coastal Boys had not yet recovered from this early blow, because after a quick counter Santens doubled the lead (2-0). The visitors responded through D'Haese who slid the ball under the goalie after a nice pass from Dewaele (2-1). D'Haese had the chance for the equalizer but decided on the well-executed home goalie. Instead of the equalizer, the home team further increased the score after poor defending by the Ostend goalkeeper (3-1). The second national cut through the 'soft' Oostende butter like a knife in the first half as Santens scored his second of the evening (4-1) just before the half hour mark. On the other side, Dewaele decided on the goalkeeper and Capon tapped a corner kick past him. Just before that, D'Haese was injured and replaced by Patoulidis.

A better inspired Ostend came out of the dressing room with a shot by Coninckx, with which the goalie had a lot of problems. The Coastal Boys had chance after chance but the goal fell on the other side. After a quick changeover Vandekerckhove headed in an Eastern leg to score his 2-0 goal.the of the evening past Badu (5-1). On the hour Vanderhaeghe changed his team which immediately resulted in a second Eastern goal. Berte buffeted a cross past the home goalkeeper with a hard shot (5-2). Due to substitutions in both teams the pace of Oostende went up and the difference in class finally showed. Ambrose, Stiers and Albanese came close to scoring a goal, but the Harelbeek goalie stood firm. The third goal came after the speedy Ndicka was stopped in the penalty area. The substitute Ambrose sent the goalkeeper to the other side from the spot (5-3). Despite an Eastern final offensive, the gap could not be closed and the spectacle ended in a 5-3 victory for the Rats.
Tomorrow we travel to the 'Stadion de Velodroom' where at 18h KM Torhout party will be given.

Goals: 2' 1-0 (Lamin), 4' 2-0 (Santens), 7' 2-1(D'Haese), 26' 3-1 (Vandekerckhove), 29' 4-1(Santens), 53' 5-1 (Vandekerckhove), 64' 5-2 (Berte), 84' 5-3( Ambrose, penalty kick)

Referee: Mr. Van Damme

Yellow: Osifo

Shift composition KVO

First half: Badu, De Schepper, Duncan, Dewaele, Capon, D'Haese (42' Patoulidis), Tanghe, Coninckx, Atanga, Musayev, Kvasina

Second half: Badu, Duncan, Dewaele, Capon, Patoulidis, Tanghe, Coninckx, De Schepper, Atanga, Musayev, Kvasina

KVO (60′): Wouters, Wylin, Osifo, De Schepper, Ndicka, Patoulidis, Amade, Ambrose, Stiers, Berte, Albanese