KV Oostende respects your privacy. In our privacy statement, we want to inform you in a clear, transparent, simple but correct way when, why and how KV Oostende collects, uses, shares and protects personal data. This privacy statement applies to all processing of personal data for which KV Oostende is responsible. For the processing where KV Oostende is only the processor on behalf of the KBVB, Voetbal Vlaanderen, we refer to the privacy statement of the KBVB and Voetbal Vlaanderen, which can be consulted on the respective websites.
Who we are
This privacy statement concerns the football club KV Ostend, affiliated to the Royal Belgian Football Association under the registration number 31. It consists of the NV KV Ostend with company number 0895.938.619 and the VZW KV Ostend, both located at 8400 Ostend, Leopold van Tyghemlaan 62. You can reach us at the following e-mail address [email protected](link sends email). Nigel Kerkhove is the contact person at KV Oostende for questions or complaints about your privacy. He can be reached at the following e-mail address [email protected](link sends email).
KV Oostende's goal is to organize, spread and promote football in all its forms. It is its task to convince as many supporters as possible to stand behind our teams as a united front and let them attend the matches in optimal conditions.
Personal data that we process
KV Oostende processes your personal data as part of its services and activities as a football club. We collect data that you provide or communicate to us, as well as data based on your use of one of our applications or services. Depending on your relationship with KV Oostende, we collect different types of personal data.
When you register yourself as an employee of KV Oostende (such as a player, trainer, staff member, referee, steward, volunteer, etc.), your (first) name, contact information such as phone number and email address, nationality, date and place of birth, passport photo and gender are requested. This information is necessary for the execution of the agreement you want to enter into with KV Oostende. Agreeing to the collection and processing of personal data is a necessary condition for becoming a member of KV Oostende.
When you create an account on the website or in one of the applications of KV Oostende (e.g. ticketing, web shop, sponsoring) you will have to enter an e-mail address and password and we will ask for account information including (first) name, date of birth, nationality and gender. The information that is collected on the website or one of the applications of KV Oostende will mainly depend on the permission given by the user. Consequently, you can always revoke this consent if you no longer wish KV Oostende to collect and process your data. However, please note that some information is required if you want to use certain services and applications of KV Oostende.
In addition to the above information, we use analytical tools, where appropriate from third parties, to measure the use of certain services. These tools can collect information to improve our services and applications.
In addition to the data already mentioned, depending on the applications or services used, we may also collect the following types of personal data:
User data, e.g. your language preference, family composition, friends you follow, preferences you express via social media, promotions, competitions you follow, financial data for payments, purchased goods or services, etc;
Location data, e.g. your location in and around the stadium, transport possibilities (public transport or possibilities for carpooling).
Special and or sensitive personal data that we process
KV Oostende processes the following special and/or sensitive personal data of you:
Data on injuries and accidents while practicing your sport activity at KV Oostende
KV Oostende collects and processes a lot of personal data of children. For this reason, when registering, we ask for the contact details of one of the parents or guardians in order to obtain parental consent for the processing of children's personal data.
For which purpose we process personal data
KV Oostende processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- The processing of your membership of KV Oostende;
- The processing of your membership of transfers, activities as a player or trainer, including disciplinary decisions;
- Processing accident files and insurance issues arising from injuries sustained as a football player;
- Sending invitations for talent detection days, trainer training or sports coaching;
- To follow up the operation and development through studies, tests and statistics;
- To provide general information about KV Oostende and its partners and direct communication about your matches (e.g. match cancellations or match information);
- To be able to call or email you if this is necessary to carry out our service as a football club;
- The processing of your registration on the website or an application of KV Oostende;
- The preparation or execution of an agreement you have entered into with us;
- To deliver goods and services to you;
- Handling your payment;
- To optimise your ease of use on our platforms (e.g. automatic login, cookies);
- Detect technical problems in our platforms;
- Monitor usage in our platforms;
- KV Oostende also processes personal data to comply with legal or regulatory provisions to which we are subject (e.g. to guarantee safety in stadiums);
- Publishing non-targeted photos on our website or social channels (e.g. atmosphere photos and match images);
Subject to consent, we collect personal data for the following specific purposes:
- Provide users of our platforms with a personalized messaging experience, whether or not through profiling and taking into account your interests, preferences, consumption habits, behavior on social media;
- Commercial actions of KV Oostende and its partners;
- To send out newsletters, invitations and other publicity;
- To publish targeted photos on our website or social channels;
On what basis do we process personal data?
The data is processed on the basis of the following legal grounds.
We are required to process your personal data because of a legal or contractual obligation and/or to conclude and execute an agreement. If you oppose the processing of your data, the agreement cannot be executed and/or you cannot make further use of our services. Certain processing is based on consent. If necessary, the possibility is provided to withdraw the consent. Finally, the processing can be necessary for the protection of legitimate interests of KV Oostende. When we have a legitimate interest, we will always weigh this against your right to privacy.
Automated decision making
KV Oostende does not use automated decision making].
Based on the personal data provided by you, a fully automated assessment is made with regard to establishing and maintaining a customer relationship.
The elements that form the basis of this assessment are (for example) the existing contacts, the payment data, the periods of payment, the volume of orders.
You have the right to present your point of view regarding this assessment. If you wish, both the decision and your point of view can be discussed].
How long we keep personal data
KV Oostende does not keep your personal data any longer than is strictly necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. However, storage periods can differ per purpose. We make a clear distinction between contact information, sports data, medical data, disciplinary data and user behavior. After the applicable retention period(s) has expired, personal data will be anonymised.
Sharing personal data with third parties
We share your personal data to the extent necessary for the performance of services.
We try to make your personal information anonymous when we share it with outside parties. This is done by aggregating sufficient personal data (e.g. statistical research) or removing certain parts of personal data so that the information can no longer be associated with a person.
KV Oostende does not sell or pass on your information to third parties without your permission, unless:
- To the KBVB and the Pro League;
- There is a legal obligation;
- If necessary for our services or in case of justified interest (e.g. sale of tickets), whereby your fundamental right to privacy will always be taken into consideration;
- With your permission, we can share your data with our partners for commercial actions;
- With regard to international transfers of personal data (e.g. FIFA or UEFA), we protect your data in accordance with the level of protection required by European regulations.
When we actually share personal data with third parties, we always take sufficient (technical) measures so that the security of your data is guaranteed as best as possible.
Cookies, or similar technologies, that we use
Viewing, modifying or deleting data
You have the right to view, correct or delete your personal data. You also have the right to withdraw your consent for the data processing or to object to the processing of your personal data by KV Oostende and you have the right to data portability. You can send a request for access, correction, deletion, data modification or request to withdraw your consent or objection to the processing of your personal data to [email protected](link sends email)This is for the protection of your privacy. We will respond to your request as quickly as possible, and no later than within 30 days. KV Oostende would also like to inform you that you have the possibility to file a complaint with the national supervisor, the Data Protection Authority. You can do this via the following link: https://www.gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit.be/contact.
How we secure personal data
KV Oostende takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate measures to prevent abuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized changes. If you are under the impression that your information is not secure or there are indications of abuse, please contact us at [email protected]